Saturday, September 13, 2008

I Wanna Hold Your Hand



First day of school... more importantly, my baby goes to Kindergarten! Rachael's first day was heavily commemorated with photos, Elle.... well, I tried!!!

Like Rachael's first day, I had everything planned perfectly. I wanted pictures before school, on the way to school, outside the school, in her classroom, putting away her jacket, signing her name, with her teacher, with her classmantes, so on and so on... You get the picture, right? Well, I didn't get the picture(s).

As I parked the car, prepared to walk my little peanut into her first big day of school, Elle, in her very typically sassy way, "Mom, what are you doing?" I explained that I had planned to walk her into the school and make sure she was prepared. I didn't mention the pictures, I figured that might be way too "uncool". Elle then explained to me that she did not need her Mom to walk her into the building, that she would be fine walking in with her big sister and her cousins.

So, I sat in the car and watched all of the other little "K's" walk in with their parents, meanwhile, my little "K" skipped away with her Cheetah Girls backpack bouncing against her bottom.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love blogs, Cristi! Ours is albeescott.blogspot.com. Bummer about not getting photos on the first day, at least you got them outside of the school, I always forget! We really like Mrs. Norris, she's soooo nice!

Mrs. Segbefia said...

That sounds just like Elle! That is so funny! How have you been?

Michelle Nielsen MS BCBA-LBA said...

Elle is such a riot...